Modern Energy Management (MEM), a specialist in delivering project lifecycle certainty to renewable energy developers, financiers and investors, is seeking for an Environmental Engineer. MEM’s role in the project is typically acting as Owner’s Representative, leading the renewable energy project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle. Our target projects are renewable energy projects (typically wind and PV solar) in emerging markets (SE Asia, Central Asia, Africa and Latin America).
MEM is offering a 7 months contract opportunity for an environmental engineer to support one of our client’s project in Sindh, Pakistan. Reporting to the MEM site-based project manager, project responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and audits of project environment and social management plan (ESMP).
- Develop and implement mitigation plans and systems for key findings
- Monitor associated activities such as Stakeholder Engagement, Biodiversity Plans, Resettlement Action Plans, and Community Development Plans etc.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong understanding of IFC Equator Principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in multi-cultural/multi-lingual project teams
- Strong research and analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to manage your own time and work to deadlines
- Ability to travel and be based full time at the construction project site (Sindh, Pakistan)
- 3-5 years of experience as an environmental engineer on international projects
- Working experience (or Master’s degree thesis / core subject) related to one or more of the following fields: environmental or social management, CSR programs, community outreach or similar
- Experience in environmental testing (air, noise, water quality, hydrodynamic, others) is a plus
- Familiarity with Pakistan and Islamic culture
- Experience working with Chinese EPC contractors
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org