Modern Energy Management is looking for GIS Engineer for a leading global consultancy based in SE Asia. The candidate will have a strong desire to develop a career in GIS and wind farm development. The candidate will assist in the identification and development of onshore wind farm sites using GIS, and produce accurate and detailed digital plans, creating layers and managing the GIS data. Once a site has been identified, the Graduate GIS Engineer will continue following the development, and will be expected to develop their skills by providing assistance with site visits, feasibility studies, wind measurement campaigns etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Key contact person for newest layout and other GIS data
- Gather, analyze and distribute all relevant geographical data
- Perform spatial analysis to identify potential wind farm sites in accordance with national and international guidelines (IFC performance standards/World Bank Guidelines/local legislation)
- Provide knowledge on coordinate system and other geographical standards
- Implement and ensure quality and reliability in data based on standards.
- GIS data conversion and digitizing data.
- Maintain the integrity of the GIS data and database, as well as utilize 3rd party data, such as our clients’ own and government/agency data.
- Supply map / data / analysis output as required
- Scope and manage GIS activities
- When required, assist with other duties in the development of wind farm sites
- Masters in Geography or Engineering, or other relevant Master degree with GIS knowledge (Strong candidate with Bachelor’s degree also considered)
- Firm understanding of ArcGIS and/or MapInfo
- Experience/knowledge in renewable energy, specifically wind energyProven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio)
- Experienced using the following software;
- ArcGIS and/or MapInfo.
- Other experience in specialist wind software, such as Windographer, Windfarm and WindPro etc. desirable
- Experience working with spatial databases
- Experience in GIS data conversion and/or GIS digitizing.
- Experience of reading and understanding maps.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English